How to Use Your Soda Syrups
Soda. Cocktails. Dessert toppings. Teriyaki sauce. The options are nearly endless when it comes to using your organicfair soda syrups! We'll breakdown all the ways you can use our different soda syrup flavours, but first, let's make a glass of soda:
Add 2-4 tablespoons (about 1-2 shots) of syrup per 250mL glass of sparkling water. It's that easy! Add more or less syrup depending on how sweet you want your drink. A lemon or lime garnish never hurts.
Next we'll break down by flavour what you else you can do with your soda syrups.
HIBISCUS LIME WITH HOPS
- Mixes well with rum, vodka, tequila, and beer
- Blends well with passionfruit juice, orange juice, pineapple juice
- Garnishes: mint, lime, jalapeno, sliced pineapple
In a 250mL glass, mix 1.5 oz Hibiscus Lime soda syrup, with equal parts passion fruit juice and orange juice (to fill the glass). Use 1oz white rum, and serve on the rocks. Garnish with a few sprigs of mint or a lime wedge.
This one's super simple. Pour beer over 1-2 oz of hibiscus lime syrup in your favourite beer glass. This is especially great for beer flavours that you're not crazy about (that's any white beer for me).
Need to replenish your electrolytes? Combine water, 1 tbsp chia seeds, .5 tsp salt, and 1 oz hibiscus lime soda syrup in a tall glass and let sit until chia seeds expand. (You can use any of our soda syrup flavours for this recipe, we're just a little obsessed with hibiscus right now).
- Mixes well with gin, vodka, bitters, rum
- Blends well with grapefruit juices, lemon juice, mango juice, coconut milk
- Garnishes: lemon or lime wedge, cracked black pepper
Rose Cardamom cocktail:
Muddle 1 cardamom pod (not for too long though), and add 1.5 oz gin, 1 oz rose cardamom syrup, 1 oz grapefruit juice, a splash of lemon juice, and a dash of bitters in a shaker with ice. Shake for 20 seconds and pour. Leave the cardamom pod in the shaker.
Tropical rose cocktail:
Combine equal parts rose cardamom soda, mango juice, and coconut milk with 1.5 oz rum. Blend with 4-5 ice cubes until slushy.
Rose cardamom syrup is a wonderful topping on rice pudding or vanilla ice cream!
- Mixes well with whiskey, rum, and gin
- Blends well with lime juice, strawberry juice, black current syrup, cranberry juice
- Garnishes: lime, lemon, mint, cucumber, strawberry
Dark and Stormy:Combine 2 oz dark rum, 3 oz of ginger ale soda (see above for soda recipe), 1.5 oz lime juice in a tall glass full of ice. Garnish with a wedge of lime.
The classic dark and stormy doesn't have lime juice, but we think it's a great addition.
Moscow Mule:Combine 2 oz vodka, .5 oz lime juice (squeeze directly from lime and drop in the used wedge), and 6 oz ginger ale soda in a tall glass with 3-4 ice cubes.
Feeling lucky? In Kentucky they swap out the vodka for bourbon. Yumm!
Mix equal parts ginger ale syrup and soy sauce with a clove of garlic and a splash of sesame sauce. Simmer on low-medium for ~5 minutes for a delightful teriyaki sauce.
- Mixes well with rum, tequila, vodka
- Blends well with pineapple juice, coconut milk
- Garnishes: mint sprig, lemongrass stalk, ginger slice
Thai Pina Colada:
Blend 400mL of coconut milk with 1 cup pineapple juice, 6 oz turmeric lemongrass syrup, 4-6 oz white rum, and 4 ice cubs in a blender and blend until slushy. Serves 6.
Asian noodle salad dressing:
Mix equal parts turmeric lemongrass syrup with tamari or soy sauce for a delicious salad dressing. It's that simple!
- Mixes well with rum, whiskey, malibu, jagermeister, vodka
- Blends well with pineapple juice, citrus juices, vanilla
- Garnishes: pineapple slices, lemon wedge, basil, mint
Hawaiian Cherry Popper:
Combine 3 oz Malibu rum, 6 oz cherry cola soda (see above for recipe), 2 oz pineapple juice. Mix in a tall glass over ice, garnish with a pineapple wedge.
- Mixes well with gin, vodka, St Germain, prosecco, Hennessey
- Blends well with grapefruit juice, rhubarb, elderflower, orange juice
- Garnish with lavender sprigs, lemon or lime wedge, rosemary sprig
Lavender Citrus cocktail:
Combine 6 oz lavender lemonaid soda with 1.5 oz gin, 1 oz St German, and 3 oz grapefruit juice in a tall glass. Serve on the rocks. Garnish with a grapefruit wedge and a sprig of lavender. Rim salt is an option for this one.
- Mixes well with dark rum, vodka, whiskey, bourbon, red wine
- Blends well with lemon juice, vanilla, cherry cola
- Garnishes: lime, lemon, orange wedge
You can never go wrong with a rum and kola or a whiskey and kola. Happy Friday!
Our Kola also makes a great glaze on ham or ribs. Simmer with pineapple juice and brush on your ham or ribs. So good!
- Mixes well with rum, whiskey, vodka, bourbon, Irish cream, Guinness
- Blends well with blackberry syrup, lemon juice
- Garnishes: lemon or lime wedge
Black and Brown:
Blend equal parts Guinness stout beer and root beer soda. Mmm..
Combine root beer soda with a long splash of lemon juice and 1 oz of gin for a refreshing and easy cocktail.
Combine equal parts root beer syrup and pineapple juice for a delicious ham or ribs glaze.
Have you made any cocktails or other recipes with our soda syrups? Tell us about them in the comments section!